The Interior Design discipline encourages the students to develop a strong foundation of basics, which facilitates anticipation of the future. The Institute achieves this purpose through a diverse pool of faculty who brings academic knowledge and work experience to their instruction.
The programme aims to educate designers to handle all aspects of design as one integrated user-centric area of study and their ability to integrate all such elements and systems into a coherent whole in various interior spatial contexts is considered to be important.
Eligibility & Admission
- Adapt their artistic abilities to support their future design careers.
- Assess, propose, and apply various techniques related to drafting, draping, and constructing of garments.
- Develop a systematic, critical approach to problem solving at all levels of the design process.
- Demonstrate professionalism by managing time to meet deadlines with quality work and effectively collaborating in teams.
- Articulate design ideas verbally, visually, and digitally.
Students get excellent employment opportunities in diverse industries while serving as Interior Designers, Event Designers/Consultants, Freelance Designers and Space Planners.
Sketching & Drawing I
Elements of Design
Material exploration I
Sketching & Drawing II
Principles of Design
Material exploration II
Introduction to Photography
Sketching and Concept Design I
History of Interior and Retail space
Material and Manufacturing Processes
Aesthetics, Shapes and Form
Color, Material and Finishes
Basics of Ergonomics
Design Process in Interior and Retail
Computer applications II ( CAD )
Joinaries and Fixtures
Model Making Techniques
Sketching and Concept Design II
Project 1: Design of Public Places
Study of Commercial Interiors
Retail Communication and Visual Merchandising
Digital Modelling and Simulation
Interior and Retail Photography
Project 2: Design of Residential Interiors
Elements of Architecture and Structural Design
Portfolio Creation and Presentation Skills
Museum and Gallery Studies
Project 3: Exhibition Design
Interface and user experience design
Universal Design and Sustainability
Semantics and Semiotics
Knock Downs and Collapsables
Project 4: Retail Experience Design
Graduation Project (Fin